Google Docs Video Course (covers Drive, too!)
Welcome to the Google Docs video course, for Google Docs and Google Drive! The following video (available via Gumroad and Udemy) will show you how to use Google’s free online office suite on a Web browser or mobile phone. At the end of the course, you will know how to:
- Register for Google Drive, using a new or existing Google Account
- Understand the Google Drive interface, and what all of the icons mean
- Restore deleted files
- Collaborate with other users, and control sharing settings
- Create a document in Google Docs, and apply formatting using the Docs toolbar
- Add images, page numbers, headers and footers, and other information
- Learn the limitations of Google Docs compared to Microsoft Word
- Work with Microsoft Word documents in Google Docs, including editing and file conversion
- Find, organize, and share files using the Google Drive mobile app for Android and iOS devices such as the iPhone
- Open documents in the Google Docs mobile app for Android or iOS, and apply limited editing.
- Sync files to multiple computers using the Google Drive app for PCs and Macs
About the Google Docs video course
This 30-minute Google Docs video course is narrated by the author of the top-selling guide, Google Drive & Google Docs In 30 Minutes. The course includes lectures on registration, finding and organizing files, creating documents and formatting them, working with Microsoft Word documents in Google Docs, and a complete review of the interfaces for Google Drive and Google Docs on the Web and mobile devices. The tone of this guide is friendly and easy to understand, with lots of step-by-step instructions and examples that show exactly what to do.
This Google Docs video course is for anyone who wants to get started with Google Drive, for work, school, or home use, but doesn’t have much time. In addition to serving as a solid introduction to new users, it’s great for people making the transition from Microsoft Office, not to mention teachers using Google Drive for education and Google Docs in the classroom.
This is Lecture 2 from Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes. There are 8 lectures in all.